Hello friend!

Hey All!

Welcome to "From a Midwest Wife (and Mom!)"!!! I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you find encouragement and entertainment within these posts. I find as a SAHM there are times where fellowship is so needed. Someone that just gets where you're coming from. Someone who is just...real.

A little about me. I blogged for a while, years ago now. When I started blogging I was a newly wed in a huge city. I was alone most of the day and I was days away from home. Yes, days. Being born and raised in the Midwest and never really leaving meant that NYC was a huge culture shock for me and I needed an outlet. Writing was it. So I began blogging to share our "big city" experiences with friends and family back home. I shared photos and recipes and I shared my heart.

Eventually we moved back to the Midwest and life progressed. I went to graduate school and didn't have time for blogging. Then came homeownership, then motherhood, and it seemed like there weren't enough hours in the day for adequate sleep much less finishing my degree! Blogging was so far down on my piority list it was almost non-existent. Who am I kidding? It was completely and totally non-existent.

I had become a mother and my life revolved around our son. Then, when he was roughly 8 months old the Lord blessed us with another pregnancy. This time, twin girls! Life was definitely fast paced and full of all the greatest blessings one could ever hope for. But as time went on I felt like I was starting to lose touch with who I was before motherhood and even before becoming a wife. Don't get me wrong, I was happy, but something was just missing. I was missing. Thanks to wonderful friends, my amazing husband, and such incredible family I was able to start doing things I enjoyed. I felt like I was becoming a better mom and a better wife. Not quite as good as I could be but, like this blog, a work in progress. 

My life has changed dramatically since I blogged last but it has changed in the most beautiful and fulfilling way even though I didn't recognize it, or appreciate it at the time. But I think that's ok. And I think its ok, even necessary, to take time for our selves and to remember that we are MORE THAN MOM. I truly believe if we are able to get back to ourselves and take time to do what brings us joy in our lives than THAT is the moment where we truly become our best self. How can you make others happy and give them a fulfilling life if you don't have that yourself?

So here I am. I'm sitting here at the kitchen counter while our three year old sits next to me building with his legos. Our almost 2 year old girls are happily making a disaster zone out of the TV room and there are clothes in the dryer that need folded and put away. I have no clue what I am going to make for dinner, we have plans with family later on this evening, and we're trying out a new church in the morning. Why on EARTH am I blogging right now? Because I am determined to make the most of me. A little bit of "me time" is needed in this crazy life of mine and hopefully I make other Wife and or Momma friends while doing something I love.

We have one of the hardest jobs there is. We're molding our children sun up to sun down, all while trying to balance the day to day stuff in life. Sometimes we remember deodorant. We give grace on a daily basis, we can receive it too.

Well, my budding architect is excited about his tower and I'm starting to smell poo so motherhood calls! I may be crazy busy each day being pulled in more directions than I can count, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm a wife and a stay at home mom, but I am more than that too. And so are you. I just have to remember to find "me" in the middle of it all. I hope you all can do the same.

Hugs

MWW



Comments

Popular Posts